Shovels or Snow Angels?

When it snows you have two choices: shovels or snow angels? Author Unknown


Today was a snow angel day...although it looked like maybe the snow was over, by the time Mike came home from work at 11:00 a.m. and we got the dogs on their leashes it had started snowing again....light beautiful dry snow...with no people at the park the dogs were free to run and the city was remarkable quiet, I love how the snow absorbs so much noise. I made the decision not to work today so with the morning and early afternoon stretched ahead of me, it definitely had the feeling of a childhood snow day  where the opportunity to play felt like a gift...after an hour at the park we came home and my first thought was hot chocolate, chicken noodle soup, and a warm sweater.

Today I am free-writing on snow day...What memories come to mind when you think of snow days?