New Year Resolutions in November

The Old Year has gone.  Let the dead past bury its own dead.  The New Year has taken possession of the clock of time.  All hail the duties and possibilities of the coming twelve months! 
Edward Payson Powell


I know it's not time for the new year yet but I am thinking about New Years resolutions this morning because I am editing some of my content articles. This particular article. How to Make New Year's Resolutions that Stick. I did pretty good this year, as far as goal setting. Yea me I graduated college! I would love your input on making this article even better. Please read and make a comment on this post! And for obvious reasons I don't post comments by anonymous.

What is the most important tip you can share with others writers or poets on being successful with goal setting? For me it's setting a date, writing it down and sharing it with someone. For example: I will submit 20 poems by November 30th and work on new poems daily. And luckily for me Robert Lee Brewer at Poetic Asides just started his 2010 November PAD (poem a day) Chapbook Challenge. That's pretty encouraging when someone else is challenging you to make your own goals!

If you're someone that needs the support of others to be successful in goal setting you might consider starting an accountability group! Increase your creativity with food!

The duties and possibilities of the coming two months... the election today will most likely bring change. What changes are you willing to make in the next two months so that you can feel great about 2011? Now get back to work!

Lovingly,
The Writing Nag