All as it should be

The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. Anne Frank

The last few days I've had to remind myself that everything is as it should be, that today when I felt fearful of reading out loud in front of much better writers that this was just a step in the process. I need to accept and embrace the beginning of this and not judge myself too soon.
It is easy to see simple beauty in Vermont, in the slightly sweet sap of a maple tree that has just begun its spring thaw, the weathered clapboard houses in the village of Plainfield, the morning snow that was so dry the snowflakes lingered on my brown wool coat throughout my walk to the library, the howling of the wolf pack at a nearby sanctuary...today the residency was focused on story telling and everywhere I am listening to stories.
Lovingly,
The Writing Nag