8 Rules for Writing Fiction

“One writes to make a home for oneself, on paper, in time and in others' minds.”
Alfred Kazin


When I first started writing fiction I felt powerful...I had the ability to create characters, fill their mouths with my words, give them problems, ways to overcome those problems and maybe in the end a happy ending...or not.The way your characters interact is up to you, in the end it's your life experiences plus your imaginations that make your fiction unique.

Kurt Vonnegut's 8 Rules for Writing Fiction
My writing world is cozy, settled in...but constantly evolving, yes, the floors creak and the doors are crooked but it's my home, and my readers are welcome to it or they can choose to visit someone else. No hard feelings. I'm still happily typing my thoughts and creating a home for myself. How does your writing home look? Today, write about the house you have created so far. Would friends stay or would they move quickly on, are you engaging your readers to visit? Now get back to work!

Lovingly,
The Writing Nag