We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce
I stayed up just long enough to see the fireworks at midnight. This year it was clear and cold and simultaneously I could see fireworks from Pikes Peak and the Broadmoor. Beautiful.
Why will 2008 be different for you as a writer?
1. I will write every day.
2. I will take myself seriously as a writer by improving my craft.
3. I will see rejections as stepping stones to publications.
4. I will submit work only when it is ready for publication and be professional.
5. I will not take criticism personally but use it for improvement.
6. I will look for opportunities by continuing my education as a writer.
7. I will finish writing projects I start.
No more excuses. 2008, The Year of the published, paid writer.
Happy New Year! Now get back to work!
The Writing Nag
Lentils are traditionally eaten on New Year's Day because they resemble little coins. Wishing you health, prosperity and peace in 2008.