A Cabbage with a College Education


Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)


I didn't post yesterday because I was finishing up my creative writing packet for admissions. I'm applying for college after many years of talking about it and thinking about it. In three weeks, I'll know whether or not I'll be accepted for the Spring 2008 semester to finally finish my degree. Scary and exciting at the same time. 2008 is already filling up with interesting new learning experiences. In February I'll be in Arizona for a writing conference, April is the Pikes Peak Writers Conference and in May my uncle and I are planning a trip to Ireland for Listowel Writers Week.
What do you have planned in 2008 to further your education as a writer?
Today make a plan for learning in 2008. Take an online class or a local workshop.Many of the conferences I attend are on scholarship or volunteer hours. If you're serious about learning the craft of writing you will find a way. Now get back to work!

Lovingly,
The Writing Nag