Finer than Frog's Hair

I have the longing that all writers have for new ears to pour my words into.
—Alasdair MacLean

Yesterday, I went to a railroad hobbyists open house and was mesmerized by the miniature lands they created to run their trains through. The attention to detail was staggering. There was circus trains running by a scale 3-ring circus complete with a nearby carnival with a ferris wheel, bumper cars, and hot dog stands. There were miniature Western towns with a marriage ceremony at the church and the sheriff walking an outlaw through the center of town. When I asked one of the men how he was, the one with the pin on that said "I have the world's greatest hobby" he said "I'm finer than frog's hair" and I do believe he was. When someone is immersed in something they love, nothing else matters, the world goes away and your creativity shines.

Today write about a location that you'd like to visit or you have visited that inspires you. Don't leave out any details.Now get back to work!
Lovingly,
The Writing Nag

Labels: , ,