Why do sheep lice write so little?

We are a species that needs and wants to understand who we are. Sheep lice do not seem to share this longing, which is one reason why they write so little.
Anne Lamott


I am a huge fan of Anne Lamott. If you are a beginning writer and haven't read her work I urge you to click urgently on one of my book links and buy at least Bird by Bird, it's a classic and one I recommended here before. Or go to the library and pick up a copy.
One of the reasons I enjoy her writing so much is her ability to write honestly and funny about tough topics.

Today, write as honestly as you can about a topic that makes you uncomfortable, this may be very difficult. Write one page. And then read Anne Lamott's How to be a writer at the bottom of this post. Now get back to work!

Lovingly,

The Writing Nag


How to be a writer.

Labels: , ,